- On March 6, Hospital Council convened a call with health officers and health systems in Sacramento and Placer counties to address the community’s response to COVID-19. For more information, contact Brian Jensen at email@example.com.
- On March 5, Hospital Council convened Alameda and Contra Costa County community benefit leaders to plan for a roll-out of the community health needs assessment and hospital community benefit plans. Meetings with county supervisors will take place in early summer; Hospital Council will release a one-page summary in mid-summer. For more information, contact Rebecca Rozen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On March 4, Hospital Council’s Santa Clara Section received an update from Santa Clara County Deputy Health Officer George Han, MD, on the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. Attendees also heard from Barbara Glaser, senior legislative advocate at the California Hospital Association, on 2020 legislative priorities and the state budget. For more information, contact Jo Coffaro at email@example.com.
- On March 3, Hospital Council convened Contra Costa County emergency department leaders for a demonstration on reviewing, downloading, and updating their data in the county’s ambulance patient offload time online dashboard (FirstWatch). Accuracy is paramount, as the Contra Costa EMS Agency is submitting these data to the state and ambulance providers have previously used these data to argue for penalizing hospitals with excessive wait times. For more information, contact Rebecca Rozen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Feb. 25, Hospital Council met with newly elected San Francisco Board Supervisor Dean Preston, who is highly focused on housing and affordability issues. For more information, contact Michon Coleman at email@example.com.
- On Feb. 24, the San Francisco Section met to hear from San Francisco Police Chief Bill Scott, who expressed a desire for continued partnership with hospitals as the city works to address homelessness and mental health issues. The section also heard from San Francisco Health Officer Tomas Aragon, MD, who provided an update on the city’s response to COVID-19. For more information, contact Michon Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rebecca Rozen is completing a round of introductory meetings with new district directors for state and federal legislators representing the East Bay. To date, meetings have been held with new district directors, as well as staff with state Senator Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley), Assemblymember Rob Bonta (D-Alameda) and Congressman Eric Swalwell (D-CA 15th District). For more information, contact Rebecca Rozen at email@example.com.